Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Happy Birthday!


March 31, 2020



First of all:  Happy 30th Birthday to my beautiful, creative, hard-working, amazingly resilient, oldest daughter, Destiny! It’s hard to believe that you only came into my life 23 years ago. I still remember the first time I saw you:  at the park in Framingham. I was sitting on the swing set with a group of women, all of us watching the guys play ball, and you were toddling around the swing set, too small to swing, but old enough to be curious and energetic. There was a gallon of water on the ground next to the swing set that someone must have brought to keep the guys hydrated. Try as you might, you couldn’t carry the water over to the sweaty boys. But you did keep trying. You even heaved it a few feet across the grass. You were probably about two years old. I have always loved thinking back to that sunny day in the park and watching you just be you! Despite everything that challenges you as a single Mom, and in spite of the novel coronavirus that is challenging practically the entire world right now, I hope that you have a great birthday and know that you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment