Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Forgotten, But Not Gone

 All too often I frustrate myself by actually making the time to put my "arse in chair" and following an idea out of my head and onto the screen of my laptop, only to leave it sitting in the depths of x's and o's and never publishing it here or doing anything else with it. The idea theoretically and physically is still just an idea if it doesn't get "printed" with the potential for views.

After I have had a hiatus of writing, I usually find myself revisiting pieces that I started and didn't finish, or pieces that I did finish, but I then neglected. As frequently as I think, "That needs work," I also find myself thinking, "That was pretty good! Why didn't I put that on my blog?"

So I am going to give some old pieces the chance to see the light of day and grace the electronic pages of my blog! In the past I have hesitated to do this because certain pieces usually referenced a time of my life that was not only past, they were archaic to where my life was currently. I see it differently now. Although these pieces may not represent my thoughts or lifestyle today, they are still representative of a time in my life and some ideas that were important enough for me to take the time to write a few hundred words about them. Old or new, I believe they deserve to get their chance in the sun.

I always hope that a trip down my own memory lane of writing will inspire me to get back into it and get the ideas still swirling in my head and scratched onto scraps of paper on my desk out into full-blown posts for my blog. Today I have found a piece that was originally written 5.5 years ago. The concept still totally applies today. And yes, it has helped motivate and inspire me to get my fingers tapping and start again addressing my writing. It's a win-win for me and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment