Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Word Challenge

I joke a lot that “I don’t do Readers’ Digest” well. If you are not familiar with “Readers’ Digest” then you won’t understand the correlation that I am trying to make. For those of you smitten with the tiny, square magazine filled with quick and easy real-life tales of s/heroism, drama and comedy, as well as the basics of health, nutrition, wellness and finances whittled down into a few pages, scattered with some witty humor and cute cartoons on several pages, you hopefully understand what I am trying to say about myself:  I may be short in stature, but my stories are usually long and detailed, not abridged and edited for quick review. I like words and I like to use a lot of them.

So I am going to challenge myself to put out some quicker, shorter bursts of musings and creativity. My goal is to write something in these next few posts that will challenge my verboseness, confining myself to many fewer words than I normally allow. I’m not even sure what I will be writing about, but we can both be assured that it will be something I know, that moves me to grab a pen in the middle of the night and scribble on the pads of paper on my nightstand, there for that “emergency,” or to tap away at this keyboard. I’m curious if I can feel just as passionate in fewer words.

My first goal was 250 words. Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment