Thursday, September 9, 2021

I fell off of my own wagon...twice

I just arrived here today to post something I wrote the other day. I knew I hadn't been here in a while, so I was surprised to see my last post. I wasn't surprised about the date and that it's been six months since I posted to my blog. I have had several years when I posted multiple pieces and then disappeared for a long time. Instead, I was surprised that my last post was about challenging myself to write shorter posts. Until I had read it all the way through, I didn't even remember writing that or posting it.

The irony here is that as I edited my most recent post, I was a little concerned about its length. I really do struggle to put thoughts out there that are short, sweet and to the point. I really do not do Reader's Digest! 😑

The post that will follow after this one is just over 1,000 words. It would be a good exercise for me to post pieces closer to the 500-750 word count. It would also be beneficial to those that check in now and then to read my words. Shorter pieces would be more blog-friendly.

Wish me luck. For both our sakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment